Sunday, June 16, 2013

Introduction

Welcome. This blog is dedicated to outlining my quest to go infinite on MTGO (Magic: the Gathering Online). As a poor college student, I do not have the money to feed my addiction to Magic. I am sure you can imagine how my wallet cringed and recoiled at the sound of MTGO. However, the risk-taker in me spoke up: "What if...what if you could make money doing this? Wouldn't it be great to be paid to have fun?"

Oh boy, did it ever. I thought about it for a few days before investing into MTGO.

At this point, I should pause and step back. For those of you unfamiliar with the term "going infinite", it means to win tournaments consistently enough to, at the very least, sustain tournament entries without having to add additional money. In other words, my goal would be to play Magic for free. Perhaps others' definitions of "going infinite" vary, but that is how I approached it.

As an aside, I thought that "Enter the Infinite" was a particularly appropriate pick for this blog's name since it captures what I am trying to do in two senses. First, I am trying to enter the MTGO infinite. Second, I'm trying to do something seemingly very difficult (You try resolving a 12 CMC spell any time soon; let me know how it goes) with huge payoff.


I also hope that this blog will scratch the writing itch that I have had for some while. My next post will cover my initial thoughts and strategy, and from there, I will discuss further research and my current position.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment